January 2021 Launch
TechChannel, an independent technology communications channel, launched in January 2021. However, the MSPC agency team that created TechChannel began its journey in the technology sector more than 21 years ago as IBM Systems magazine. During this time, we worked closely in partnership with IBM to cover the latest announcements and innovations both online and in print publications. In late 2020, IBM retired IBM Systems magazine and brought its content efforts in-house.
A critical decision: reimagining ourselves
The MSPC team faced a critical decision: either let go of the content and contacts we had cultivated over two decades or pivot toward an independent, technology-focused community. As a team that never backs down, we decided to reimagine our technology platform and expertise as TechChannel. We pivoted to leverage the digital and online communications channels we had developed and the audiences we had cultivated over two decades, reimagining our technology platform and expertise as TechChannel. We proudly and effectively continued our tradition of communicating reliable, credible and relevant content and engaging with our valued subscriber and user constituencies worldwide.
Goal set, readers first
TechChannel’s goal is to deliver dynamic technical content infused with technology’s human side, through how-to articles and videos, blogs, podcasts, e-books, webinars, a solutions directory and more. Our content is authored by members of the technology community, featuring subject matter experts (SMEs) across the ecosystem. We provide the IT reader community with the latest trends and information to help them make informed buying decisions, tie together technical and business-first language and learn about emerging technologies.
TechChannel aims to:
1. Provide credible content written by and for the technology community
2. Cover the latest technology trends and innovations
3. Strike a balance of technical content and content designed to highlight people in the IT community
4. Amplify voices across the ecosystem and bring attention to the emerging skills gap for legacy technology (and how to close this gap)
5. Listen to our audience through community surveys and design content to best fit their needs
6. Brainstorm and introduce innovative content types that resonate with IT professionals
7. Provide a highly effective channel for partners and vendors across the IT ecosystems, to market and sell their hardware, solutions, and services to users worldwide
8. Elevate DEI&B initiatives, helping to build and nurture our industry and communities by embracing and honoring our differences through our content platform.
TechChannel and MSPC DEI Pillars• TechChannel and MSPC are committed to building and sustaining an inclusive, respectful, and transparent workplace that cultivates curious and talented employees by embracing and honoring our differences.
• As a group of passionate journalists and storytellers, we aim to create relevant, accessible and credible kick-ass content that tells authentic stories, engages a diverse assortment of content producers, and is built upon a foundation of connection.
• We acknowledge diversity, equity and inclusion are not simply goals to set but core values to build into our enterprise and our agency. They are ongoing practices that shape the work we do and why we do it.
• When we don’t live up to those standards, we will hold ourselves and our clients accountable to address the harm, own up to our mistakes and recommit ourselves to making progress.
Our invitation to contribute; become marketing partnersAs a channel who values outside perceptions, and looks to experts across the technology ecosystem to contribute to and help shape our credible IT content—we invite you to reach out with ideas, investigate opportunities to contribute as an SME, or learn more about ways to reach this highly-targeted, engaged reader base with your marketing messages.
If you’re interested in content opportunities, reach out to Senior Editor Keelia Estrada Moeller (email@example.com). For marketing inquiries, sent a note to Publishing Director Mari Bray (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to hearing from you!